A Service Portal provides an alternative user experience to the standard platform interface. The Service Portal application offers the tools needed to configure, customize, and extend portal components to create an online experience similar to what your users are used to in other consumer products.
During this two‑day interactive training course you learn how to use the Service Portal application to configure, customize, and extend components to create a Service Portal in your own student instance; a safe sandbox. Participants will:
- Explore all aspects of the Service Portal application
- Discuss web design techniques and best practices
- Learn how to re‑configure an existing portal
- Review the Service Portal framework
- Create new Service Portals, Themes, Pages, and Menus
- Understand how to create and use Widgets
- Re‑use existing Portal components
- Configure other aspects of the platform to enhance a Service Portal
These objectives are achieved through a combination of demos, lecture, and group discussions. Lab exercises woven throughout the class walk you through building your own Service Portal from scratch.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for low‑code System Administrators and Web Designers/Developers who want to learn how to create Service Portals that offer users a consistent, intuitive, and delightful experience when accessing their organization’s services online.
Completion of the ServiceNow System Administration course with 6‑plus months of hands‑on administration experience.
Although all scripts are provided for lab exercises, participants will find them easier to interpret and read if they have a basic understanding of:
- Scripting in ServiceNow
Contact me about the training