The Service Connector App is designed to support in quickly creating custom interfaces between the ServiceNow platform and other systems. While the ServiceNow platform itself offers many quick pre-made connectors, the Service Connector serves the need where a custom connection is required and time is crucial. Development is substantially sped up by providing a way to set up interfaces via the UI, without having to write code.
Speed up Scripted API Development
When lacking a native connector, the development of custom interfaces can be time consuming. Especially if it is meant to be a robust solution that can handle all the little technical details, send messages in the right order, provide error handling and have an intuitive overview for daily operations. The Service Connector provides a UI-based way to configure custom interfaces quickly in a codeless fashion but allows for more complex operations using scripts. A central queue provides easy tracking of all activity and an informative error handling helps determining issues during development and operation of your interfaces.
Features of the Service Connector Application
✓ Major ServiceNow tables within ITSM and Foundation Data can be interfaced with.
✓ The Service Connector can be set up to work as a case exchange, a hub between other systems or as an event receiver.
✓ Both enterprise industry standards of REST and SOAP are supported. Inbound and outbound interface traffic can use either freely.
✓ Allows for bi-directional, synchronous (instant) and asynchronous (scheduled) processing.
- This application is time saving. Create custom APIs within a day! Prerequisites are a finalized design and working inter-system networking. Implementation speed also depends on the technical level of the person implementing.
- The logging is extensive! In case something happens, easily find the issue in the central queue and its logs.
- The configuration is data driven. Everything can be configured from the UI, no coding necessary.
The near future...
Currently in development is the bulk data import which pushes data from external systems into your ServiceNow instance via web services and leverage the fast batch processing the Service Connector offers. Processing speed is around 10k records in 30 minutes at this stage. In the near future we will develope a daily reports feature to inform the Operations team of interface performance, we improve further quality of life improvements and more…!
More information about the SC app
The Service Connector is a tool to speed up scripted REST API and SOAP Web Services development by providing a way to set up interfaces via the UI, without having to write code. This allows for quick iteration and prototyping as well as easier changes down the line. In addition, it adds a central queue and error handling to help development along and provide a clear and easy way to track interface activity once operational.
- Get insight into the building blocks of the Service Connector. See how it integrates into the ServiceNow platform. Learn how easy it is to set up.
- See the Service Connector in action using a common process such as Incident Management.
- Get your questions answered.
- No commitment required.
Request your demo with the form at the right!